ePolicyWorks Twitter Chats: Enhancing Citizen Engagement through Digital Conversations
The key to any good dialogue is to keep the conversation going. That's why ePolicyWorks hosts Twitter chats – whether to continue to find important details from our online dialogues or to further engage with citizens on important topics around disability employment. Twitter chats are a quick and easy way to interact with citizens and deliver information.
Support for Self-Employment and Entrepreneurship Twitter Chat
On February 21, 2019, ePolicyWorks hosted a Twitter chat that discussed policies and best practices to support self-employment and entrepreneurship as viable employment options for individuals with disabilities. Featured guests included the U.S. Small Business Administration, the Chicagoland Entrepreneurship Education for People with Disabilities project and Disability:IN. Participants joined the real-time Twitter conversation by following and tagging their posts with the hashtag #EPWChat or by following @ePolicyWorks on Twitter: twitter.com/ePolicyWorks
Past ePolicyWorks Twitter Chats
- Support for Self-Employment and Entrepreneurship Twitter Chat (February 21, 2019)
- Work Matters Twitter Chats (April 23, 25 and 27, 2018)
- Readying a Skilled Workforce (March 7, 2018)
- Autonomous Vehicles: Driving Employment for People with Disabilities (October 20, 2017)
- #EPWengage: Engaging Citizens for Effective Policymaking (June 27, 2017)
- Accessible Transportation Twitter Chat – #ePWChat (February 1, 2016)
Technical Support Questions
What is a Twitter chat?
It's an organized event where people participate in an interactive conversation through tweets. Our chats focus on pre-arranged topics and use hashtags unique to each chat. The hashtag allows you to easily follow the conversation on Twitter. Chats are scheduled for a designated time and date and are archived here for you to view at any time.
How do I participate?
In order to join an ePolicyWorks Twitter chat, you must have created and be logged into your Twitter account. Once you log in, use the designated hashtag to share your thoughts and follow the progression of the chat in real time.
What are tips for joining a chat?
- Use the designated hashtag in all of your tweets during the chat.
- The questions will start with the letter "Q" and a number to indicate where we are in the chat (e.g. Q1). Reply with the letter "A" and the number of the question you're answering (e.g. A1).
- Retweet or reply to tweets that you like.
- Use an individual's Twitter handle if you want to reply to them directly.
Who do I contact if I need help?
Please contact ePolicyWorks@dol.gov if you have any questions.